Well, to tell you the truth, it just looked too bland. After all, the one in my kitchen I posted about here, had all those pretty cups and saucers on it. The one in my sewing/craft room just had a bunch of glass mugs with buttons in them. There wasn't a lot of color on the shelf.
I thought, Sue, what can we do about that...hmmm...? I thought, and I thought, then I thought, well, of course, isn't it obvious?! We will add embellishments. Oh, embellishments! You can never go wrong with some pretty embellishments!
I will show you the end product first, then I will give a breakdown of how I got there.
Here's a closer look at some of the detailing
So, I started with some of these in a bowl, taken from a mini swag, purchased at a thrift store two years ago...
and I laid them out on a piece of scrap fabric, playing around with them until I figured out the look I wanted...
and I started gluing, adding layer after layer...
until, eventually, I had "flower" clusters.
And, I forgot to take a picture of each cluster, after I had cut away the fabric from around the back of each one! Then, I just started painting some "vines" up each board. I know, they aren't perfect. They aren't meant to be.
And, again, the end result.
So now, I can finally work at finishing that room up! To tell you the truth, I got discouraged with the room since this pallet shelf was put up. Until I was able to figure out a way of adding a little somethin', somethin' to it, I didin't want to go any further with the rest of the room.
If you like it, please pin it! See, I said please.
I'm linking up to these parties: