Monday, May 14, 2012

Craft Picket Fence Pallet Shelf Update

Do you think I could get any longer of a post title if I tried?!  I showed you all here in this post, my new craft white picket fence pallet shelf. 

Well, to tell you the truth, it just looked too bland.  After all, the one in my kitchen I posted about here, had all those pretty cups and saucers on it.  The one in my sewing/craft room just had a bunch of glass mugs with buttons in them.  There wasn't a lot of color on the shelf. 

I thought, Sue, what can we do about that...hmmm...?  I thought, and I thought, then I thought, well, of course, isn't it obvious?!  We will add embellishments.  Oh, embellishments!  You can never go wrong with some pretty embellishments!

I will show you the end product first, then I will give a breakdown of how I got there.



Here's a closer look at some of the detailing





So, I started with some of these in a bowl, taken from a mini swag, purchased at a thrift store two years ago...


and I laid them out on a piece of scrap fabric, playing around with them until I figured out the look I wanted...


and I started gluing, adding layer after layer...


until, eventually, I had "flower" clusters. 

And, I forgot to take a picture of each cluster, after I had cut away the fabric from around the back of each one!  Then, I just started painting some "vines" up each board.  I know, they aren't perfect.  They aren't meant to be.

And, again, the end result.



So now, I can finally work at finishing that room up!  To tell you the truth, I got discouraged with the room since this pallet shelf was put up.  Until I was able to figure out a way of adding a little somethin', somethin' to it, I didin't want to go any further with the rest of the room.

Sue


If you like it, please pin it!  See, I said please.

I'm linking up to these parties:

Boogieboard Cottage
 
Making

 
 


BWS tips button



TDC Before and After


OrganizingHomelife.com


Tuesday To Do Party
 
 


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

HOG

 

 

The DIY Dreamer


 
 
 
Photobucket
shabby creek cottage

 


Beyond The Picket Fence

Catch a Glimpse Button



Pink Hippo Party


 
 



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

 
 



The Shabby Nest


Photobucket


The Thrifty Groove



Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
 
 

 
 
 
 


Freedom Fridays



Lil\'Luna



 
How to Nest for Less




21 comments:

  1. That is just gorgeous! I pinned it also :)
    I found you via Tuesday link up and am now following you. Come see me sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following me! I followed back as well!

      Delete
  2. This looks A-mazing! Hope you will hop on over to my under 300 followers blog hop @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2012/05/under-300-followers-blog-hop-2.html
    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet! Thanks, I followed back as well!

      Delete
  3. I love the picket fence as a shelf, but the beads just make it perfect. I'm hosting my weekly link party going on now and I'd love for you to join in at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/05/whimsy-wednesdays-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool!! Love the ribbon hanging along the bottom!! Popping in from "el petit taller's" linky. Amy from www.craftyshenanigans.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for message :) Sounds like a brilliant holiday. I live in the UK but am originally from Canada - grew up near Ottawa and Toronto.

      Delete
  5. Wow, so cute and creative--love it. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - - you were featured yesterday!
    --Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the picket fence as a shelf is so cute but you've taken it up a notch for sure. Sooooo cute!,

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is way too cute:) Just visiting from the hop and am now following you. I would love to invite you to Freedom Fridays. So hoping to see you and your shelf there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays. Have a marvelous weekend!

      Delete
  9. really love the idea
    lil flowers are so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little flowers really add to your already cute picket fence pallet shelf!

    so cute!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. VERY VERY VERY pretty!!!!! It could even make a beautiful headboard! Love it!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!
    I can't wait to see what you link up tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is way cool! Would LOVE it if you would link this project up at my brand new Trendy Tuesday party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2012/05/trendy-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! You did a wonderful job in transforming this sweet shelf! Thank you for joining TTF and I hope you are have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this on my blog tonight! Come stop by and grab a button :) http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2012/05/your-whims-wednesday-60-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome! I love it. You did such an amazing job on it, I had to pin it. I'm a new follower, I hope you can come and visit me @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
    Have a great day.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love it!!

    http://weightlossdiaryofachocolatelover.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very charming!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and would love if you would take a minute to say "Hi"!.